The Villa rises from an ancient fortress built by the Trissino family, who came from
There are several reasons why Villa Trissino Marzotto may be considered a place of great interest. The charm that only an ancient and all-year round use dwelling place possesses is enhanced by the wideness of the park, wholly enjoyable in all its extension and historical events. Its position, high on a hill, allows the visitor to wander his eyes, thus creating a strong visual link between the building and the surrounding landscape. In the lower part of the park there is “Il Castello”, a Villa built during the 700 by the Trissino Rial family, burnt down and rebuilt by Muttoni, burnt down again in 1841 and abandoned. It was finally transformed into castle ruins by Alessandro Trissino. All this is located in a beautiful secular park of more than 20 hectares on which had worked the best designers of the Renaissance, from Muttoni to Frigimelica. The gardens that surround the Villa and the Castle are characterized by the classic geometrical layout of Italian style garden, enriched by statues, vases and balustrades. Distinctive features are two centuries old beautiful plants and an octagonal fountain decorated by Marinali’s statues. Then in the heart of the Upper Villa, there is a big Inner garden created by Muttoni as a Secret Garden. Thanks to its wonderful acoustics, it is used for concerts and theatre shows.