VILLA ELODIA

B%B - Meeting

The villa is a refined and fascinating place particularly suitable for exclusive dinners, photographic settings, conferences, seminar meetings up to 70/80 people.

The building consists of a central body and two lateral wings, set slightly backward. The external two-flights stone staircase, with an elegant balustrade in wrought iron, leads directly to the salon of the main floor. In the façade, the balconies on the first floor with the stone balustrade and the pediment with its central eye crowned with three elegant statues contribute to make the architecture of the whole delicate and graceful.

On the first floor, guests are greeted at the center of the main hall by an elegant marble statue from Canova's workshop. The four symmetrical rooms that overlook the hall evoke the compositional model of the Venetian villa. The rooms are all adorned with frescoes, stuccos and neoclassical decorations, chandeliers from Murano and original venetian "terrazzo" floors, fine and valuable.

There is the garden with a pond, the park and the orchard, the whole enclosed with a suggestive battlement evocative of bygone times.

The estate can be rent for luxury holidays for four-eight people for a minimum stay of a four days. Many services on request.

Old rural building dating from XVIII century, with its stone walls and old wooden beams, the "foledor" welcomes its guests with familiar warmth and modern comfort.

It meets events organization requirements in a setting of style and charme.
The building is handicap accessible, it’s equipped with modern technology, has heating and air conditioning, four bathrooms and a cloakroom.

It offers other facilities such as a fully equipped large kitchen for catering services with independent entrance, round tables (8-10 seats) and chairs for 200 people.

Thanks to the capacity and modular structure of the large halls, it can house wedding parties, dinner and business meetings, conference and conventions, art exhibitions and cultural events from 50 to 300 people.

On the front and rear side of the Villa, there's a gravel path that will lead you through a fascinating garden where centenary magnolias, bay trees and plane trees create a wonderful thicket along with willows, hydrangeas and roses.

At its center there's a small lake next to a large field, that could be the perfect spot for many events and if illuminated with lanterns and candles becomes magical and very romantic.

On the front side of the Villa and next to the “foledor”, the garden gives you plenty of space for every kind of outfitting like a buffet or an outdoor meal, with a splendid view of the Villa enriched by the fountain and surrounded by nature.

et in a magnificent context, rich in art and history, recently restored with skill and passion, Villa Elodia rediscovers its ancient vocation for hospitality . It combines tradition and modern comfort for a truly unique experience in a seductive setting, highly evocative of the charm and atmosphere of bygone times.

We offer:

Historic Villa: the large hall and the three symmetrical rooms that overlook the hall for exclusive dinners, photographic settings, seminars, conferences, presentation of a new product up to 80 people four bedrooms each with bathroom in italian marble, a dining room, a lounge and leisure room, a modern kitchen.

Foledor: two halls that can house from 50 to 300 people, thanks to the modular structure of wooden walls. Four bathrooms, two of which handicap accessible, a cloakroom. A fully equipped large kitchen for catering services with independent entrance, round tables (8-10 seats) and chairs for 200 people. Heating and air conditioning.

Garden and park: the external areas are ideal to house many different events and for all kind of set designs.

Car park: private parking for 100 cars.

The estate can be rent for luxury holidays for four-eight people for a minimum stay of four days.

Historical Background

The Villa was built in the centre of the little town and defended all around by a high, crenellated wall that runs all around. It dates back to the second half of the 17th century , but it may be older. In 1811 it was owned by the Redolfi, landowners of Trivignano, described as "house with court", at the time it was very different from today.

In 1821 Francesco Redolfi sold the whole property to the Venetian nobleman Domenico Rubini, from an ancient patrician family who had settled in Friuli in the middle of the 18th century. They owned mills and traded in precious silk fabrics that exported to Vienna. Domenico started the expansion of the whole complex, beautifying the villa according to the aesthetic and architectural dictates of the Venetian Villas established by Palladio in the 16th century. The main facade of the edifice bears neo-classical features. The Doric pilasters framing the central body, the pediment with central rose window crowned by three beautiful statues, the stone staircase with a double ramp that leads to the first floor, are all elements that recall both the Palladian and the Neoclassical. The central hall is in the Empire style, the so-called second phase of Neoclassicism that flourished between 1804 and 1814 and spread throughout Europe and America. It is adorned by elegant Ionic columns and a fine statue of a woman, probably from the "workshop" of Canova. On both sides of the hall, doorways lead to the lounges and dining room, all enriched with precious Murano chandeliers and original pieces of furniture.

Domenico also expanded the cellars and the farm buildings, barchesse, for the pressing of grapes and winemaking, the storage of wheat and maize and the breeding of silkworms, in line with the productive purposes of the Venetian villas in the mainland. The "barchesse” were the buildings used for rural aims and had a development and an importance not inferior to those of the main building.

At the death of the Earl, in 1848, the property was divided among his four children Pietro, Carlo, Luigia e Caterina. The estate of Trivignano was inherited by Carlo, who lived permanently there with his wife Emma Forbes, a British opera singer, and their three daughters.

Carlo probably promoted new interventions mainly concerning the park. The inventory at the death of Domenico still describes an Italian Renaissance garden, located between the villa and the "orchard", with the space divided into geometric compartments shaped by boxwood hedges, framing within flowering plants, rose bushes and statues. Today, no trace remains of the original Italian garden, but the visitor can appreciate Carlo’s natural park in the English style with the pond, the small canals, avenues and little woods, all elements that identify it as a romantic landscape garden in the style of the late 19th century.

The Rubini family’s ties suggest an intervention of the architect Andrea Scala in the design of the park. In 1843 Luisa, Carlo’s sister, married Gian Battista Scala, brother of the famous architect Andrea, who later worked in several projects of the family, such as the garden and park of Villa Rubini at Spessa di Cividale owned by Pietro, the garden of the residence of Gabriele Pecile in Udine, husband of his sister Caterina, and the “barchesse” of the the villa Costantini Scala in Mereto di Capitolo.

After Carlos’s death, the estate passed to his eldest daughter Marion, who gave her name to the villa for a few years. After a period of well-being still tied to the land rents and the breeding of silkworms, the outbreak of the First World War marked a setback. Trivignano was right behind the lines of the war and the villa was used as a military hospital. In 1954 Elodia Orgnani Martina bought the property, which is still run by the heirs.

 

VILLA ELODIA Via Roma, 74 - Trivignano Udinese (UD) - Tel. +39 338 7578606 - +39 335 6024712 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

Travel agents

If you are a travel agent please fill out the form to stay up to date.

Newsletter Sign up

Sign up now to the newsletter.

Information

Ville Venete & Castelli

 Address:  Via Postumia Romana 1 - 31038 Postioma di Paese (TV) - ITALY

  Phone: +39 0422 482714

  Skype: villevenetecastelli