LE RISARE

Country XVI sec

Le Risare is a new welcoming location, born in the Villa Mussato Busetto's country estate in Busiago near Padua. Rooms:are located in the arcaded wings of the 18th century Villa, a place of history and art, encircled by a 100 hectares countryside in Padua province, Veneto region. The arcaded wings, as heart of local country life of the farmhouse in the past, have been carefully restored respecting original architectonic lines and materials.Le Risare is  located at a few kilometres from main Venetian cities of art like Padua , Venice , Treviso , Vicenza and Bassano. Rooms and farmhouse surrounding country are at guests' disposal for a walk, bike excursion or just for relaxing their selves after a sightseeing tour or a business meeting. Colours and aroma of ancient rural courtyard persist intact in their authentic genuineness. We are glad to welcome our guests in 6 warm and wide double rooms, located in one of the estate's rural farmhouses where local farmers lived in the past. Each room, featured by wooden truss, faces the garden or the historical courtyard

belonging to the Bishop of Padua.  In 1928 Viviano de Muso as lord of these lands founded the Mussato family. Later, in the middle of 1400, ‘Galeazzo Mussato della Concariola' built the parochial church, completed in 1461. On the bull of Pio II issue, Galeazzo Mussato obtained the ‘juspatronato' that is the power to name the parish priest, right extended to all Mussato's members. Originally, the centre of the property was a probable castle or fortified centre, where to protect farmers and harvests in case of need. During the beginning of 1700, Vitaliano Mussato obtained by the Dominante (Venice Republic) the permit to convey Brenta river's waters to Busiago's fields through ‘Cioro' and ‘Ghebbo'. Thanks to this action, Vitaliano was able to create a rice-field which was 200 'Paduan' fields (772.514 sqm) wide, and a pile for rice working.
The new improved economical conditions allowed Vitaliano to add a front main building to the original rural farmhouse. This neoclassic new building included five frescoed halls with a central main hall.

The façade is enriched by the family symbol, a coat-of-arms representing a rampant mule (“musso”), which is positioned on fronton and at the entrance side. The large wings were built in 1700 too, for cereals storage purposes. Also the northern wing with the rice pile, dated XVI century, was completed during that period. On Serenissima decline and subsequent Napoleonic domination, the Mussato family declined and the estate was conveyed to Busetto Family that has been living here from 1869.

Airfield / Story

The story of Busiago's Military airport starts with requisition of Cesare Busetto's property, through a formal communication of Campo San Martino's Mayor, on the cold morning of December 7th, 1917. Caporetto has just passed and the situation is dramatic: this is not a strategic retreat, but a real emotive collapse that overwhelms everybody. It is necessary to withdraw detachments, installations and headquarters; wide lands of Busiago offer ideal conditions for installing runways, shelters and soldiers for the new force: Aeronautics.

By order of the Supreme Airforce Service Headquarter, the meadow said San Donà and its surroundings are to be arranged as airfield. Works are starting immediately”, this message was written on the occupation act signed by lieutenant Eng. Vittorio Almagià … on the back of his visit card (!)

Works start in the depth of winter, ditches and irrigation channels are silted up, new roads are opened, the airplanes runway has to be traced, barracks for soldiers are arranged (“without windows” as a pilot remembers in one of his letters).

 The airfield, which is about 500 meters long in Nord-Est direction, leads directly to Montello hills. For Italian aviators a few minutes of straight flight are sufficient to reach the fighting point, face to face with the enemy.

In June 1918 the crucial intense battle, broken by the enemy, was raging on Piave river; Francesco Baracca died. Everything is ready at Busiago for squadrons arrival: 89th and 90th squadrons, together united in the XXI Group at Captain Francesco Fourquet order, who was assigned to the bombing squadron.

In August war's destiny is already uncertain and air raids follow one another from both sides (on 9th D'annunzio flies on Wien). Even towns near Busiago are bombed by the enemy (like Cittadella and Castelfranco), therefore it becomes convenient to enlarge the Busiago's military airport on new divisions arrival. The XXII Storm takes active part in the Vittorio Veneto battle, with air attacks to military bases, railways and mobile troops. On 27th October the storm reaches about thirty missions arranged against the enemy. The sudden German falling down and Vittorio Veneto battle mark the end of the conflict, but the military structure dismantling will be longer and tragic: on 12th December lieutenant Carlo Roccari, 18th squadron's leader, crashed to the ground during a training flight.

The war, arrived at Busiago on wings of SVA 5, leaves a very difficult economical situation: harvests are loosen and agricultural activities are completely upset.   The desperate need to find sustenance here and in nearby towns is documented by long needy people lists. Labour for requisitioned farms reconversion is drawn among those registers.

This real situation is in contrast with the exasperating military bureaucracy slowness, weighed by lots of requests, like lands return and indemnities payment: also Minister of Agriculture is involved.
During 1919 summer the last soldier leaves Busiago, reorganized squadrons fly to Africa (Libia), the lands are definitely restored in 1921. Nothing will ever be like before…

 

LE RISARE Via Stradone, n°2 – 35010 Busiago di Campo San Martino (PD) tel. 049552460 fax 0499637035 Roberto Busetto This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  www.lerisare.it

Travel agents

If you are a travel agent please fill out the form to stay up to date.

Newsletter Sign up

Sign up now to the newsletter.

Information

Ville Venete & Castelli

 Address:  Via Postumia Romana 1 - 31038 Postioma di Paese (TV) - ITALY

  Phone: +39 0422 482714

  Skype: villevenetecastelli