VILLA VECELLI CAVRIANI
Hotel & Meeting
In the second half of the 1700's, the Vecelli family took over the property over from the Montresor family and arranged for the rebuilding of the 16th century palace. The project was awarded to Architect Cristofoli, one of the major proponents of the Neo-classical movement in the Veneto. The new palace was percieved as an austere mass that was raised up as a masterpiece on the road that joined Verona with Mantova. On both sides of the structure, the elegant “barchesse” stretched out towards the precious internal façade, and opened onto the enclosed piece of property dedicated to fruit trees and the vegetable garden. The Vecelli's wanted a magnificent building from the beginning and one able to compete, in prestige, with the most celebrated Venetian villas of the time. It was for this reason that the Bibiena were contracted to decorate the interiors of the official floor “piano nobile”. Considered experts in producing paintings and frescoes from the School of Tiepolo, it is probable that Francesco Lorenzi was among them. In 1811, the property passed on to the Marquis Cavriani di Mantova, who arranged for the decoration of the upper floors. During that period, the villa experienced its greatest notoriety, even hosting international delegations during the Congress of Verona on 1821. Subsequently, the property experienced a long period of decline that was fortunately interrupted by new owners who in just two years, were able to carefully restore the villa back to its original splendor. Today, the Villa Vecelli Cavriani offers an ideal meeting point due to its vicinity to the autostrada (the Nogarole Rocca exit is 5 kilometers away) and to Verona's Catullo Airport (only 12 kilometers away). The sumptuous internal frescoes offer incomparable glamour and prestige for meetings, business or company conventions as well as all economic and cultural enterprises that are valued for their merit. The fully equipped Congressional Center, set in the villa itself, is outfitted with an internal service bar and is enhanced by an elegantly refined hotel created in one of the two lateral “barchesse”, a true oasis of serenity and peace. The villa also offers a full-service restaurant with outstanding Venetian cuisine and the gastronomic traditions of the nearby Valeggio sul Mincio. Inside the villa there are in addition historical precious collections: antique postcards of Verona and its province, historical foundings of Mozzecane, ecclesiastical vestments and an archives of antique documents.